Thursday 6 September 2012

// Sleep Orchestra: My latest Music Project.

Hi All!!! I have been working on some of my music for the last few months and I am currently waiting to hear from some of my friends within the industry. I have decided to let you guys know a little about the project but as of yet I do not want to be posting the link to my music. Depending on what I hear,  (changes may have to be made) that will be left for  future official release. This may change at any moment, so I will let you know when I know anything.


Sleep Orchestra (UK)
Sleep Orchestra is UK based sound producer and experimentalist Christopher Pegg. Chris has studied music technology at College and University level for over 5 years and holds a BA(Hons) in Popular Music Production as well as an FdSc and BTEC National Diploma in Music Technology. His interest in experimental and minimalist music started as early as back in 2007 when he first heard music from the likes of Murcof and Biosphere. After a number of years of studies and sample collecting, Chris has produced a number of what he calls "mini-projects" that have ranged from the minimal techno and extreme glitch productions to more laid back music such as this, his latest mini-project, Sleep Orchestra.
Christopher confesses that Sleep Orchestra is actually an evolution of ideas that started at university with his first [MIR] and later from his thesleepinglake mini-projects. For this latest project, Chris has been immersing himself deep into the works of artists such as Murcof, Loscil, Biosphere, Vladislav Delay, Spyweirdos, SaffronKeira, Listening Mirror and The Sight Below etc, taking ideas and merging them with new ones of his own to create his most ambient project to date.
Sleep Orchestra is Chris' latest experimental platform into the ambient world and mixes his interest of micro glitch samples with long evocative drones and effects. As well as inspirational artists, the Sleep Orchestra project is also inspired by the Sci-FI movie "Sunshine", which was directed by Danny Boyle. This experimentation into how the vacuum of space can be described through sound is the starting point for many of the tracks.


1 comment: