Tuesday 18 June 2013

// Newsletter 001 - 18th June 2013


First-Stage Experimental Newsletter 001

18th June 2013

Since I havent added anything for a long time I thought id better write up a new post about some actual music. Although these wont be reviews I thought id make some short observations in a short "newsletter" style update. 


If you like these newsletter ideas let me know what you would like to see in them, until then I will carry on posting in this format. 

Thanks.
Chris Pegg, First-Stage Experimental

New Artist: ((( Witxes )))

This artist has come to my attention with the recently announced re-release of his Sorcery / Geography. An interesting blend of ambience/electronic/acoustic and sometimes classical, Witxes is well worth taking a listen to to if you want to listen to something similar to SaffronKeira with a Rock/Metal edge. Intriguing stuff.



Find more information @ www.denovali.com/witxes/



New Album: Pixel - Mantel

I first came across Pixel when I found Alva Noto and Byetone. I was taken by his rhythmical use of the minimalist sound sample and found myself listening to his Set Your Centre Between Your Parts In Order To album over and over. 









Find more information @ www.shop.raster-noton.net/?pid=285



In Other News: Aoki Takamasa, Kangding Ray and Diamond Version

Lastly, just to upadte you with news of releases from Aoki Takamasa "RV8" and Kangding Ray "The Pentaki Slopes". Both of these releases can be found over at Raster-Noton (which you will know by now is one of my favorite labels). There has also been quite a lot of activity from Diamond Version (the collaboration between Alva Noto and Byetone) in that they have now released 1-5 of their EP's, all of which are well worth listening to. Absolutely sublime aural works.


No comments:

Post a Comment